Friday, July 16, 2010

Come to Jesus

Insanity Day 6: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

This is the second time I've done this workout and it was still hard.........there were exercises that I simply could NOT do! I mean for real........I found myself watching the TV and thinking, "Shawn T there is no way in hell that I can do that exercise!" But I pushed on anyway. Then something amazing and scary and heartbreaking and enlightening happened.

I was doing suicide drills (isn't that a bad name) and I thought I was going to pass out.............then I started to cry. I started thinking back on the amount of junk I've eaten......in the past 4 days.....4 weeks.....4 months and I just got so angry with myself. I became keenly aware of body in that moment. It is round in places it shouldn't be. It is soft in areas it should be firm. When I jumped up and down there were areas that kept on moving.......not a good look! I realized I've been working out for nothing and I mean NOTHING! I know in my mind that diet it is of the utmost importance but I'll admit that I use my workouts as my crutch. Because I spend nearly an hour a day in the gym I use that to justify Froot Loops, Chocolate chip cookies, french fries and an occasional Dr. Pepper. That thought made me cry because I know I'll never get those days and months back. Those are days and hours that I spent away from my kids, my husband, my mom, my grandmother and my friends. That makes me so sad to know that I've wasted that time........wasted!!! I'm angry right now just thinking about!

That was my come to Jesus moment. I realized that I've go to do a better job of fueling my body. I can't keep eating the way I do and expect results........I don't care how insane the workout is. For those of you that don't know, I'm somewhat of a vegetarian. I eat seafood and dairy but no other meats. I'm going to make sure to increase my vegetable intake so that I will begin to see real results. I made vow that I would no longer workout in vain (thank you Clark sisters). From this day forward, I'll make my workouts matter!

Tomorrow.....REST!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment