Sunday, July 11, 2010

Insanity Fit Test

I could begin by simply telling you that I got up this morning and did the Fit Test but that would be to begin "in medias res", instead I'll begin "in da beginning es" (yes I just made that up)

Last night, I committed myself to beginning Insanity on the morning of July 11th and I was committed to that. However, this novel that I'm reading has bewithched me. Jephte's Daugher by Naomi Ragen. I could not put it down so I didn't go to sleep until 3:30 am. Silly me.

However, my body did not fail me. I came to life at 7:00 am and I couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up donned my workout clothes and put on the fit test. Oh boy Shawn T is insane! This 25 minute-ish workout consisted of 8 grueling exercises. They are basically plyometric based exercises and let me tell you, they are hard. I consider myself pretty athletic (tomorrow I'll give you a little more history about my fitness) but these exercises were.....well.....insane. Shawn T basically asks you to do each exercise for 1 minute and count the reps. Here are my results:

Switch Kicks - 65
Power Jacks - 41
Power Knees - 66
Power Jumps - 30
Globe Jumps - 4 rotations
Suicide Jumps - 9
Push Up Jacks - 12
Low Plank Kicks - 20

Now, the suicide jumps and push up jacks were THE WORST BY FAR.

When it was all over, I was dripping with sweat and actually felling a bit discouraged. I honestly felt like I was not going to be able to complete this 60 day journey. That being said, I'm re-encouraged now (yep made that one up too) and I'm ready to go.

Tomorrow.........Plyometric Cardio Circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment