Thursday, July 15, 2010

Insanity Day 4 & 5

I'm such a bad blogger!!! I'm only 5 days into blogging and I skipped a day.........whoever is reading this, please forgive me!

Day 4 Cardio Recovery

This workout was right on time! I've had a good amount of soreness since beginning Insanity so I need a good rest/recovery day. This workout is no slouch though. It works your core like nobody's business and really stretches out the soreness. I hate hate hate stretching but Shawn T infuses enough core work into this routine to keep any anti-stretchers mind occupied.

Day 5 Pure Cardio

I'll start with the end first. At the end of this workout, Shawn T, himself falls on the floor and says "y'all that shit was bananas".

That should tell you how insane this workout is! The warm-up follows the same format as the other routines. If I haven't said it before, the Insanity warm-up alone is tough. However, I must say, I felt stronger and quicker during today's warm-up......that's pretty impressive for 5 days worth of work. I digress......sorry. After the warm-up, Shawn literally goes into a 19 minute NON-STOP cardio routine. By non-stop, I mean NON-STOP. No water breaks, no halftime, no timeouts just pure cardio. Each exercise lasts for 1 minute and they are unbelievably hard. When the people in the workout video are falling out you have to know that this is hard. I was dripping in sweat. (It didn't help that I spent 8 hours at Schilitterbahn watching 1B/33's float past me.....Amy, Gin and Doc, now you know what I mean!). At one point, Shawn stands next to one of the workout participants and he says...."how you feel?" Her response, "I wanna leave!" At another point, Shawn can't even remember the name of the exercise......he said "I'm so tired I can't even remember the name of my own moves!" Folks this workout is no joke.

I'll slip into the vernacular so that I can really explain how hard it is (Stephanie and CoCo I'm trying to earn my black people card back)..........This workout don't even much play......I was sweatin' so hard up in this hotel room it was a shame!!! I was tired than a mug when it was over!

By the way, the part about it being over..........that was the best part of this workout! Day 6 tomorrow Cardio Power Reistance!

No comments:

Post a Comment