Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sleeping with the Enemy (kind of)

Completed Cardio Power and Resistance today!

If you've ever seen the Insanity infomercial, you'll hear this dude say "at about the third week, the warm-up will feel really good".............well he's a liar and the truth ain't in him! I'm still going through the warm-up and thinking this is pretty dang hard!

Cardio power and resistance is a good toning workout. There are dips and push-up and a fair amount of squats.........so I'm kinda thinking I'm gonna have some amazing arms.

I have to address something pretty serious in tonight's blog. Some of you are working out with me and I'm so happy for you but BEWARE. Beware of people who either knowingly or unknowingly try to derail your progress. Let me explain. In the past year and a half I've probably gained and lost the same 15 pounds over and over and over and over. The reason........I'm sleeping with the enemy!!!! It's all Lilo's fault......ok not really but kind of (it's ok, he doesn't read my blog he won't get mad).....I'm sorry, I digress. So here's how it goes. I commit myself to losing some weight. I hit the gym hard. I eat right. I go to bed on time and then POOF......I've lost 15 pounds. What does my husband say........."You look good babe!" Then a few days later he'll say something like this, "Now don't go too far I mean I don't want your head looking too big." So what do I do, I let myself slip back. Why? I don't want to disappoint my husband. I want him to like the way I look so I never venture past those 10-12-15 pounds, I just gain them and lose them all over again. The truth is that the people we love can inadvertently sabotage our progress. I know Lilo wants me to be healthy and strong and feel good about myself. But he doesn't realize that making those comments derails me (this feels like a couple's counseling session huh?). For you it may be your spouse, your parent or your friends. They want you to be healthy but I also think it scares the people you love when they see you changing. Maybe they think we'll love them less. Maybe they think we'll be different people. You wanna know the truth? We will be different people. When I get down to my ideal body weight, I'll feel better.......inside and out. That changes who I am. But change isn't bad. It's a good thing and we have to hope the people in our lives feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment