Monday, July 26, 2010

Fit Test......Again

I've been Insane for a full two weeks now!!!! And yesterday, I had to do my fit test again! Let me set the scene for you........

Saturday morning I got up and took my son Coby to his basketball game.........by the way, I'm his coach too. After the game, we loaded up the car and drove to Dallas. Coby qualified for the state swim meet and it was held in Frisco. We got to Dallas at 4:30 pm and had to be up at 9 to make it from DeSoto to Frisco. We sat from noon until 5 watching my sweet boy swim. We left Dallas at 6 and arrived back in Pearland at 10:30..........And then I had to do my fit test!!! Here are my results.....



Switch Kicks w1: 65 w2: 100

Power Jacks w1: 41 w2: 42

Power Knees w1: 66 w2: 78

Power Jumps w1: 30 w2: 30

Globe Jumps w1: 4 rotations w2: 8 rotations

Suicide Jumps w1: 9 w2: 10

Push Up Jacks w1: 12 w2: 16

Low Planks w1: 20 w2: 25

I was somewhat happy with my results although I think next time I'll have my previous results in front of me. I think this will push me to go for two or three more reps but I can definitely see growth.

I have yet to step on the scale..........matter fact I don't think I'm going to. How many of you have a bad relationship with the scale? I mean I just hate the scale! Here's my thing, I feel great.........I've gotten compliments on how I look and I feel proud of myself. Thus if I get on that scale and it has the audacity to say that I've only lost a pound or a 1/2 of pound I will be crushed! Devastated! Distraught! De-Pissed off! Ok you get it sorry!!!

Anyway..........no scale for me. I'm satisfied with how I look and feel, the number isn't important.


Today: Cardio Circuit

I figured out why this darn workout is so freaking hard! It's called the "last set"! This workout is broken up into two parts. There are roughly 4 exercises in each part and they have to done for 30 seconds a piece. That is not a big deal on the first and second set but that damn last set is so killer. I often find myself staring at the tube watching Shaun T and company.........yes watching them do their third set. I truly cannot not complete that final set no matter how hard I push. So the next time I do this workout my goal is going to be to complete the last set!

On another note, well kinda........I started my Eat to Live plan today. I've read Dr. Fuhrman's book on how to eat for "your life". It involves bringing in a ton of raw vegetables and fruits. Additionally, it calls for eating less animal products (meat, eggs, cheese and milk). Today went fairly well. Here is what I had today:

Breakfast: Cinnamon & Fruit Oatmeal (blueberries, apples, raisins, walnuts and ground flax)

Lunch: Green salad with light Italian Dressing

Dinner: Spinach salad with broccoli slaw, cucumbers and walnuts drizzled in a raspberry walnut vinaigrette.

I'm so excited because I ate nearly raw today. It felt great and surprisingly I was not hungry.......I ate until I was satisfied. I'll keep you posted on my clean eating plan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment