Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Enemy Within

I finished up another week of Insanity yesterday...........Today is Saturday July 31 and it is my rest day.

Yesterday I completed Plyometric Cardio Circuit. This is the killer workout with Level 1 drills. Let me explain what Level 1 drills are. From a standing position, you jump down and do 4 push-ups. After the push-ups, you complete 4 floor sprints. You bring your legs in jump up and reach........then you do that all over again. Do you know how stinkin' hard that is. I kept finding myself lying down on the floor watching Shaun T and company! But I made it through and my reward............REST TODAY!!!!

In my last post, I addressed the "enemies" of your workout success. But I couldn't blog today without addressing another enemy. That is the enemy within. There are days when I don't feel good enough. Days when I don't think I'll ever accomplish my fitness goals. Days when I am sure I'm not beautiful. Days when I put on my jeans feel like a total loser. And on those days.........in those moments I want to quit. I want to throw in the towel and say "forget about it"! That, my friends, is the enemy within me. That is the scared small woman who lives in me. She seeks to take me over so she drops these negative hints my way. Her hope is to get the strong tough as nails woman in me to relent......to give in......to give up........to say, "you're right I can't do it. I can't lose the weight, I can't eat better, this is just how it's going to be."

But I won't do it! I won't let that part of me win. And you shouldn't either. It's easy to do the same thing over and over and over again. It's easy to simply let yourself go but just think of where you'd be if you did. I promise you'd hate yourself for it. So I say all that to say...........don't forget to fight the enemy within. Keep her at bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment