Sunday, July 18, 2010

One Week

Today marked 7 full days of Insanity! I feel very proud of myself and I'm extremely motivated. Here is what I've learned this week:

1. If I don't eat right, I'll pay for it during the workout.
2. I have to do a better job during the stretch routine.......I HATE stretching (Becca I think this is from all that damn stretching Coach Kyle and Coach Supak made me do during ACL rehab).
3. Suicide drills are the worst in the world and I can't wait to use them on my CC/Track girls (Lori the the CC girls are gonna hate me for this).
4. Any exercise called a "squat anything" is going to burn my hind parts up! Squat jack.....squat walks.....squat runs..........all painful for the booty.
5. Water, water, water, water, water, water, water, water.
6. Take breaks accordingly. These workouts are super intense and Shawn T encourages you to take breaks often..........take him up on these offers! When you feel like you're going to fall over......walk away and get some water.
7. Keeping my core tight for all exercises is the quickest way to washboard abs (Kim I don't think that rum cake recipe is going to help me with my abs......BUT I'm going to make it anyway!)
8. Insanity is contagious.........Lilo is doing it, my daughter does it with me, and my brother Corey is going to start (right Corey!).
9. Landing softly will protect my knees. I have one raggedy knee (thank you basketball) and the other is not trustworthy. There are so many jumping routines and landing softly is key.
10. NEVER GIVE UP!!!

I hope to continue my workouts for the next 53 days........no no no, that was weak......I will continue my workouts for the next 53. I already feel stronger and there are some areas of my body that are showing some definition (yep my backside is looking better). Keep reading and it really really encourages me!

2 comments: